BBC news feed
- Culture of cover-up saw hundreds of children abused, report finds
More than 700 children suffered cruelty and sexual abuse at care homes in south London, an inquiry finds.
- What's happened on day four at Tokyo 2020?
Tom Dean takes gold ahead of compatriot Duncan Scott, while Georgia Taylor-Brown wins triathlon silver as Great Britain's strong start to the Tokyo Games continues.
- Bradford child sex abuse: Children 'remain unprotected'
The report says some children in Bradford have "suffered abuse no child should have to experience".
- Mum hit by car at Denbighshire festival as daughter, 2, thrown to safety
"I genuinely believed my whole family had died", says Jenna O'Neill, who suffered serious injuries.
- Channel crossings: People smugglers 'using smaller boats as a diversion'
Small dinghies distract police while larger boats cross the English Channel, a French MP says.